Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baked eggs with ham and sundried tomatoes

The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. 
The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.
Martina Navratilova

And I am not sure amongst the several things that I love to do (and fortunately for me my interests = work = happy me = sometimes disappearing from the blog, oops...sorry) which ones to get merely involved with and which ones I should commit to, with my heart and soul. I love them all, what to do.

Ditto for food. When I can have both eggs and ham why should I choose one? Right?:)

This one is my all time favorite feel good breakfast. Trust me, it takes all of a minute to put it all together and the result isimply divine. Perfect for those Sunday brunches. A ramekin for each guest. Or make one big casserole that everyone can share.
Baked eggs with ham and sundried tomatoes

Feeds two hungry people

Ingredients
2 eggs at room temperature
2 big mushrooms, sliced
2 spring onions
2 slices of chicken ham
2 tbsp of Parmesan, grated
Olive oil
Oil to grease the ramekins
4-6 sundried tomatoes
2 tbsp thick cream (quite often I do away with the cream and use milk)
½ tsp dry chives
Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
1.Saute the mushroom slices and slice the spring onions. Slice the stems vertically into thin strands. Chop the sundried tomatoes into halves
2.To assemble, grease the ramekins with oil and line them with ham. Add the mushroom slices and spring onions. 
3.Add the parmesan and the salt & pepper to the cream and add to that the ramekin as well.
4.Pop in the sun dried tomatoes.
5.Break an egg in each of the ramekins and top it up with the sliced onion strands. Sprinkle dry chives over it.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.

And really make as many permutations and combinations you feel like...spinach, sausages, potato slices, bacon, peas, corn...replace the chives and spring onion with some fresh coriander and garam masala for an Indian flavor or add some paprika for some heat. 

I like to eat these with latkes (potato pancakes and apricot date chutney).

Image : Personal Album
Recipe: Personal
While you enjoy reading this post with visuals.Please do not use them without asking. They belong to Orange Kitchens unless otherwise stated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...